The children will learn that:-
Bible Story Reference: Mark 12:41-44
1 Chronicles 16:29b (NIV)
“Bring an offering and come before Him. Worship the Lord in the splendour of His holiness.”
One day Jesus was sitting with His disciples in the Temple, watching the people who were bringing their offerings. Back then people took their offerings to the Temple court and dropped them into the collection boxes.
Many rich people lived in Jerusalem. They lived in nice houses. They wore nice clothes. They had plenty to eat. After they had paid for their nice houses and nice clothes and good food, they would take some of the money left over and give it as an offering at the Temple.
Dressed in their finest clothes, they went to the Temple when they knew a lot of people would be there. They would look around to be sure people were watching. Then they would pour their money into the collection box.
The Widow’s Coins
What You Need
Fold the brown paper in half and fold it in half again.
Not unfolding paper yet, fold 2″ on each side.
Unfold paper completely.
5. Fold top panel and third panel.
6. Fold up the bottom edge.
7. Tape to secure.
8. Fold up bottom again.
9. Tape to secure. This is the bottom of the box.
10. Tape side flaps to secure. At this point, the paper should look like a box with an open lid.
11. Write “The Widow’s Mites” and “Mark 12:41-44” on top of the box lid.
12. Trim the remaining sides of the lid.
13. Tuck top sides inside bottom of the box
14. Cut out two small circles from the gold scrap paper. These are the widow’s coins. Place the coins in the box.